Waking people up to a better way of living, working and leading.
Andrew May inspires people around the world to unlock their full potential and wake up to a better way of living, working and leading.
Andrew is CEO and founder of StriveStronger.com, a digital consultancy that partners with organisations to create Cultures of Wellbeing. He presents inspiring presentations and is recognised as one of the world’s leading performance strategists. Andrew works with elite athletes and is the Mental Skills Coach for the Manly Sea Eagles Eels National Rugby League Club, Professional Boxer Tim Tszyu, the New South Wales Waratahs Rugby Union Team, and previously worked with the Parramatta Eels.
Andrew’s popular podcast, Performance Intelligence, is a leading Australian podcast in sport and fitness. Andrew interviews experts in different fields of human performance every week including Phil Waugh, Tom Trobojevic, Holly Ransom, Lisa Messenger, Simon Katich, and more.
Andrew is a former middle-distance runner who was an assistant coach at the Australian Institute of Sport in Tasmania. He has worked with multiple Olympic/international athletes in track and field, tennis, swimming, hockey, netball, basketball, and AFL, culminating in working as the Physical Performance Manager for both the NSW and Australian Cricket teams.
Andrew has dual degrees in the body and brain – completing a Bachelor of Applied Science in Exercise Physiology (body) and a Masters in Coaching Psychology (brain). He is exploring a PHD in performance psychology, looking at how the body and brain work together to optimise performance in high pressure moments.
Andrew is a serial entrepreneur, having built and sold Good Health Solutions to ACCOR (now trading as Executive Health Solutions), Australia’s largest provider of Executive Health Assessments; and in 2016 he sold The Performance Clinic to KPMG. He worked as a Partner at KPMG for 3 years and has experience consulting in banking and financial services, sales, real estate, building and construction, professional services, telcos, oil and gas, retail, mining and industrials, government and the military.
Andrew is author of the bestselling book Flip the Switch and the recently released MatchFit, which has sold more than 100,000 copies. He has a regular segment on ABC News Breakfast and appears across multiple media platforms including TV, radio, printed publications and online.
It is this unique background in professional sport as an athlete and a strength and conditioning coach; studying science (with degrees in both the body and brain); working in a global consulting firm; coaching high performers in mental skills; and understanding small and large business that positions Andrew to inspire individuals and entire organisations to reach their full potential.
Andrew is a self-diagnosed fitness junkie and loves swimming, cycling, weights, yoga, surfing and all things fitness. He lives in Sydney with his 4 children and fluffy dog, Toby.
Andrew operates his businesses, makes decisions, and interacts with people abiding by a set of values and clear founding principles.
- Role models the philosophy of ‘MatchFit as a way of living’
- Strives to bring energy and presence to everything we do
- Embraces opportunities to incorporate movement into daily activities
- Demonstrates a growth mindset finding new ways of thinking and working
- Displays the right balance between work, fun, laughter and play
- Embraces diversity, alternative perspectives and constructive debate
- Engages in learning and growth opportunities to fulfill potential
- Seeks and applies best practice research and science to achieve outcomes
- Challenges the status quo with a curious mind
- Embraces the competitive spirit
- Consistently focuses on quality outcomes
- Demonstrates resilience, embracing setbacks as part of learning and growth
- Participates as team player and strives to make a difference to people’s lives
- Engages, listens, and promotes the needs and aspirations of others
- Demonstrates self-awareness and empathy when dealing with others